Wednesday 27 July 2011

Joined a Health Program

I've had a membership to the local gym here in my area for about 3 months now. They are starting an new program Aug. 1st and I joined today. I really liked what they said at the meeting today; a preview of what we are going to get.

Basically it's about learning how to eat right, which includes helping eat foods that will control your food cravings, which is a HUGE problem. Portion control too. Also what you need to do to lose weight as in what to eat, calories to take in, exercise that will increase fat loss.

It's 12 weeks and the person who loses the most fat percentage wins $250.00. :) Not the most weight, but percentage in fat, which is better since you can gain muscle and not show as much weight loss.

It starts monday. I'm looking forward to it.

I'll have to log my food and count calories, which is a pain, but I am tired of my body hurting due to the weight. I want relief from it and I want to walk an hour to 2 hours a day again.

I'll update my progress in this blog. My husband is going to work with the program too, but he's not actually going to be in it at the gym since we can't afford to pay for both of us.

Talk to you soon,
Smee

No comments:

Post a Comment