Thursday 28 July 2011

Remember It's Up to You



I was watching the Dr. Oz show the other day and he interviewed a few people on the subject of food addiction. It is compared to being addicted to drugs or alcohol. Watching that show made me think - yep, that is me. I'm addicted to food.

I think it's more difficult to get off or resist a food addiction because you can't stop eating. To get off Norco all I had to do was tapper down over 2.5 weeks. It was actually easy. But I can't taper off food. I can change what I eat, but it's not the same thing.

My worst time is evenings. This is when my food addiction kicks in. There is high anxiety that overwhelms my desire to eat until it goes away. This is totally different from the anxiety that I spoke of in my first post. This is annoying for sure, but not painful as the other type can be.

My husband and I both need to lose weight. We joined a gym and I now play racquetball 3/4 times a week. They have a weight loss program in Aug. If I can afford it I am thinking of joining. The only issue is that I have to join 2 weeks late since we're going to be in SF bay area for that period of time.

I just keep reminding myself to look for the right foods in the frig. Sometimes I win, sometimes my body wins.

It's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment